Friday, April 3, 2009

Show and Tell Friday- UPDATED


Show and Tell Friday is hosted by There is No Place Like Home.

I wanted to share a "in process" sewing project that I am working on because I am really excited. I am not a talented seamstress, to be sure, but I know the basics like mending, hemming, etc. Because of this, this project is a stretch for me but I really wanted to make Aralyn's Easter Dress this year. So, here is the progress. So far I have: assembled and hemmed all the pieces and did the straight stitching for the neck and the ruffles. Tonight, my mom is coming over to help me through the harder parts of this dress: the buttons, attaching the ruffles, basting and sewing the neckline and arm holes, etc. For my show and tell here are pictures of the first dress that I've ever made :) (Well, the "in progress" photos anyhow. I will post the finished photos with a few pictures of Aralyn dressed up in it on Easter.

What the finished product should look like:

The Dress (so far: I laid the pieces where they will go):

The pantaloons (inside out because I am still sewing on them and need to sew and add the ruffles and elastic around the waist still.)

After tonight I will update with some pictures of (hopefully) the finished product!
Are you making or buying your Easter dresses this year? Send a picture of your Easter Dresses to weepingcherries@live.com and I will include them in my virtual Easter Dress and Bonnet Parade!

Finished Dress Pictures (still working on the pantaloons)

With the sweater I am going to pair it with (that I did not make):

All that is left is the pantaloon ruffles and then they are complete as well. Ara tried the dress on the other night and said, "Can I get married in this dress?" :)

14 comments:

  1. It's looking great so far.. It'll be beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea! I am not an accomplished stitcher either, but it doesn't stop me having a go! Really look forward to seeing the finished dress! Blessings to you all for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved making dresses when my daughter was little. This was is precious! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see the finished product. Blessings, Jax in Alaska

    P.S. Come on over to my blog for more Show & Tell fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a lovely job and you and your little daughter will both be so proud of it.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks to me like your a great seamstress.. how cute...can't wait to see the finished product!!
    Have a wonderful weekend...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Kelli's Show and Tell blogtrain!

    Oh how I envy your talent for sewing. I've not done it for years and I'm afraid I'd most likely sew my fingers into a project at this point. LOL!

    This is bound to be so pretty when done and I sure hope we are treated to a photo of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The outfit is so cute. I'm sure she'll look adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are braver then me. I have a sewing machine but I'm not brave enough to take on anything but the simplest projects! BTW, I love the picture in your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you're off to a great start! Sewing for little girls is the most fun! What a cute pattern and choice of fabrics!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again! Had popped back, truthfully not expecting for one minute that you would be anywhere near finished yet, and couldn't believe that gorgeous little dress! You must be so delighted, it is absolutely beautiful - such a credit to you - I am sure your daughter will look a picture in it! Blessings to you all for Holy Week from Northern Ireland, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet dress, you did a lovely job. Your daughter's comment was so cute! She will love wearing it. Thank you for sharing it.

    (I love your header!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are super cute! I too love to sew...and just recently have begun trying to make the perfect hiking skirt- I believe it will be a light canvas (so as not to snag)
    Is that your farm on the blog header? Our farm doesn't look that charming, but you are welcome to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer~
    Welcome to blogland! What a great blog you have started!
    I love to grow herbs too. What cute dresses!

    Have a blessed day...come say hi!

    Georgiann
    ourfruitfulharvest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss sewing and I am currently trying to find a sewing machine so I can start again... Your progress is lovely and very inspiring. Your little girl is going to love it and look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete